|Super Absorbant Polymer( Potassium Based)
Water Keepers™also known as SAP, Hydrogel, Super Absorbant Polymers, Absorbant Gels and Super Soakers. WaterKeepers™ is a new type of macro molecular synthetic water-absorbing polymer material with a water uptake potential as high as 500 times its weight in a short period by osmosis and form granules in the soil to enhance soil properties.
Water Keepers™ used in agriculture are primarily prepared from acrylic acids and a cross-linking agent like potassium by solution or suspension polymerisation. Polyacrylates are non-toxic,non-irritating, and non-corrosive and tested to be biodegradable with a degradation rate of 10%-15% per year.
Application and Benefits of Water Keepers™
The three most common soil conditions that hinder plant growth and crop yield are low water retention capability, high evapotranspiration rate, and soil moisture leaching. Apart from these, factors like unforeseen drought conditions, degradation & salination, overuse of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, and improper irrigation practices severely affect soil and plants, often rendering permanent damage to soil biota.
Hydrogel agriculture technology, as it is popularly called, can improve soil quality, preserve water and resist drought stress. It can increase seed sprouting and seedling development leading to better farm success. From the environmental aspects, it is non-polluting and biodegradable, helps in reducing irrigation frequency & water consumption, and creates a simple cyclic process to provide water directly to roots and prevent soil compaction.
- In agriculture and agroforestry, Water Keepers™ act as micro water reservoirs at plant roots. They absorb natural and supplied water 400-500 times their weight and release it slowly on account of the root capillary suction mechanism.
- Water Keepers™ form a consistent cyclic process of absorption and release of water. The released water can provide optimum moisture for quick germination and seedling maturation.
- Water Keepers™ can help save water and labour by reducing irrigation frequency, helping overcome drought conditions and acting as soil conditioners.
- Water Keepers™ can reduce the overuse of fertilizers and pesticides in fields. The chemicals absorbed with water are slowly released, thus extending the operational life and uptake efficacy by root systems.
- Water Keepers™ act as soil matter flocculants. They closely bind loose soil, thus forming loams that can help better root latching. Simultaneously, the repeated absorb-release mechanism prevents the over-compaction of soil minerals and provides space for the aeration and development of soil edaphon.
- It has a wide application ranging from agriculture, forestry, industrial planting, municipal gardening, drought management, and water conservation. It helps reduce soil erosion through surface run-offs, fertilizer, and pesticide-leaching groundwater.
|Solubility in Water
|Product Service Code
|Minimum Order Quantity
|Sales Within India:
Online Transfer, RTGS, NEFT, IMPS, Google Pay, Phone Pe, Pay with IndiaMart, UPI, DD and Cheque (Subject to Realisation)
Online Transfer via Payment Link, Wire Transfer, PayPal and LC